Guess who's coming home on Monday?


44 weeks - 4 weeks old corrected age
latest weight 4362 grams = 9 pounds 10 ounces

Monday 27th September is going to be a huge day for Isaac, Mummy and Daddy.
We are in the midst of making arrangements for Isaac to come home. He will be coming home on Oxygen support. Isaac's NGT was removed last Saturday and the lil warrior man has been sucking all of his feeds. He is doing remarkably well.

Mummy is going to spend a few nights at the hospital with Isaac this weekend in preparation for taking him home (whilst daddy gets the house ready, looks after the doggies and well also watches his beloved Pies win the Grandfinal hopefully this Saturday!!)

It is quite unbelievable that after what will be 130 days in hospital our lil Warrior man is finally coming home!! We are finally going to be a family at home together just the 3 of us ( oh and the four legged friends too).

It hasn't been an easy journey, to think back that our lil guy has fought 2 rounds of serious Sepsis, had 9 pneumothoraces that required chest drains, battled a viral infection, been intubated and extubated over 8 times, put up with CPAP for an extended period of time, had long lines in his scalp, scalp veins used for antibiotics, pin pricks constantly for blood tests, 5 blood transfusions and need I say the list of medical interventions are endless, he is now finally going to be coming Home!! Isaac Michael Stokes - you are our lil Miracle, you are such a fighter and a strong lil guy and no amount of words on paper can ever fully explain your Journey and your battle of will! You are truly remarkable and we love you so much and have waited so anxiously for this day to come.

Thank you for all your continued prayers and support.
May we pray that our lil guy comes home to a bright and happy future filled with immense love, joy and happiness always as well as good health.

Here are some latest pics of our lil guy





3 cheers for Isaac on Monday!!

13 comments:

  1. Deb that is the best news ever. Congratulations to you all. Hope the overnight stays are good on the weekend and that you love every second of Mondays homecoming.
    Three cheers for Isaac - Hip Hooray, Hip Hooray, Hip Hooray
    Sal, Ross, Finn & bubba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Very excited for all of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY thats such good news! So happy for you guys. Will call you next week for a chat - now that you are back at home. Talk soon.....
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful news guys! Congratulations :) Looking forward to seeing the next post with photos of Isaac at home :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following your little guy's battle the whole time after following your pregnancy from on the incompetent cervix support forum. What an amazing blessing he is and I am so happy for you guys. May your family continue to be blessed as you watch Isaac grow! HUGS, HUGS, HUGS!!!
    -Holli (Georgia, USA)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOORAAY, BIG CHEERSSS !!!! YOU ARE ALL THREE MIRACLES, bc you all three held on and never give up hope. What a WONDERFUL SUPRISE!!!

    I remember that some weeks ago you thought it was going to take weeks still and now see how this little miracle has once again amazed everybody.

    I hope that everything will go very well this weekend and I REALLY REALLY hope that you will be very happy and healthy at home with all the members of your family.

    If I look at Isaac's pics, I am amazed at how he continues to grow and develop. There is a little man ready to go and face the world at home!!

    Please, please send a pic of you all 3 at home next week.

    huggss and kisses from the other side of the globe.

    Ghislaine, Netherlands abbyloopers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Squealing in the background!!) This is the BEST NEWS! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for all of you, and glad this day is finally almost here. We've been praying hard for your lil warrior! Hope you have a wonderful weekend together.
    Nicole (IC Forum)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such good news! Congrats to all of you.
    Ingrid (AL)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne and Stephen saidFriday, September 24, 2010

    Wonderful news Deb and Caine. It has been a long road so far and I hate to tell you it is only the beginning of the journey. Just wait until he is a teenager - let's hope he's a bit more reserved than parents were!! We are looking forward to catching up with you all. All the best for Saturday Caine. Go Pies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Isaac! Such wonderful news to hear that you are going home on Monday! Keep up the good work, you have done so well and you have been through some of the toughest hurdles! You are such a strong lil guy. Keep on growing n sucking those bottles down, and don't forget to burp, you always feel better when you get that wind out :p....be good for your mummy and daddy, I will be thinking of you all on Monday. xxx Ange

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, Deb! I am sobbing for you!

    I am just so happy for you. I am SO proud of little Isaac! What a strong little guy.

    I can't believe all that you have been through with Isaac and your precious angels. You deserve Isaac home with you soooo much.

    Good luck the next few days! Can't wait to see a pic of him in his own house!

    CONGRATS!
    Much happiness, Pippy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yippee!!! I'm so happy for all of you!!

    Lucia (from IC board)

    ReplyDelete