Isaac is doing better. His first week in the world was a very tough week. He has really fought hard and has really been through a tough slog.
He did his 1st poop on Thursday and was able to give us some more yesterday which was a really big milestone. As they were worried he hadn't pooped and it was day 8-9. He hadn't been able to tolerate my milk up until yesterday which was a big concern, but he finally digested my milk after a feed in the afternoon yesterday and when we left him last night he was getting a second dose.
His pneumothorax's have settled down, at one stage the poor lil guy had 5 lung drains in his chest cavity and the last one was removed on Wednesday night, he still has some air sacs (pie) in there but for the moment they aren't leaking air so he doesn't require any drains, which we hope and pray won't leak. He is currently still ventilated which is referred to as On Air (21%) which means he is breathing on his own pretty much but with a little kick of air now and then from the ventilator. They are hoping to get him on CPAP real soon, they tried this on Wednesday night (his intubation tube accidentally came out which was very scary) but the morphine he has been on has kept making him too sleepy so he kept falling asleep and forgetting to breathe, so he was ventilated (intubated) again. He came off the morphine Thursday night so we are hoping that after 3 days it will be out his system and they will be reviewing whether or not to try him on CPAP over this weekend.
We are also concerned about another issue, that he has a blood clot in his right leg, which we are hoping given some time it will heal itself (this has come about due to the umbilical lines that have been in, they have come out now, but they have caused a blood clot due to possibly knicking a blood vessel, they are keeping a close watch on this and team of doctors have been consulted, we are praying that this will heal itself as otherwise he may have to go on blood thinners which then runs a very high risk for brain bleeds.
Our little man is fighting hard and we hope and pray that each day he gets stronger.
As of Thursday night Isaac has put on weight! He now weighs 1049 grams - just over a kilo - that's a wonderful milestone :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks so such for creating this blog & keeping us posted. I will continue to pray for little Isaac, Deb & Caine. Isaac is truly a fighter, so happy that he is tolerating his feds & gaining weight. Bless you all.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a wonderful blog. I feel like I may actually be able to help in a small way with my love & wishes xx You are adorable Isaac & I know you can stay strong! Bless you & I look forward to watching you grow XXX BIG MASSIVE HUGS for you all XXX
ReplyDeleteSo glad to read that Isaac is doing well. Sending love, prayers, and good energy his way.
ReplyDeleteKeep fighting baby Isaac. Deb we are still sending up prayers for you all. Kim
ReplyDeleteBaby Isaac you are just so absolutely gorgeous. I hope and i pray that all the good things in life are yours for the taking. You have the most beautiful mum and dad who love and pray that you are as strong as they are. Sending all my prayers your way.xoxo Jen
ReplyDeleteSending you love and prayers ~ grow, Isaac, grow!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful little person.
:-)
Jill
(Abbysister)
Isaac, you are a strong little boy and a fighter. Keep growing and stay strong you lovely, lovely little soul.
ReplyDeleteG'day Deb, Caine and Isaac.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the birth of you son, Uzma and I will have you in our prayers.
May he grow strong and healthy!
love Dave
Isaac...you are getting love and prayers from all over the world! Be strong little man.
ReplyDelete--chrissy, Orlando, FL
(aka Phinfan13 from IC board)
Isaac, You are a sweet and strong baby boy. Keep fighting and hanging in there.
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful news that he is pooping and taking mommy milk now. Every milestone is huge and good reason for celebration.
Lots of love to The Stokes,
Shannon, Bill & Catherine Budds
Connecticut, USA
Thanks for keeping us updated. Isaac has one meaning as given by God to Abraham in Genesis, chapter 17 verse 19. It means ''child of the covenant'' or ''child of the promise". He has already proved his name by being such a fighter - he got that spirit from his mom and dad. Praying for all of you.
ReplyDeleteMarie Wise
I think of you guys everyday. I hope that he continues to grow strong. Isaac is loved from around the world and I truly believe that we can and will help him through this! Love to Deb Isaac and Caine.
ReplyDeletePraying for you every day and following Isaac's progress. Sending all our love,
ReplyDeleteAbbysis Amy, husband Jim, angels Brian and Sawyer, and sweet miracle 1 year old Amelie
Praying for Isaac and his parents. May God bless this little soul, he is an inspiration to many. May God see him through all these days and bring him through completely healed...God, we pray that You answer every prayer on this blog in Jesus Name....Amen
ReplyDeleteDebs your son is beautiful and blessed and doing so well. He is SO strong, like his mum. Fighting hard. He is lovely. NICU is gruelling I know but each milestone brings you a moment closer to taking your son home. His angel brother and sister will make sure of it.
ReplyDeleteJanett - Abbylooper Sister
Isaad, you are so precious and beautiful. Keep being brave and I hope your brother and sister watching you very closely. I send your parents strenght and courage. I pray for you all every day. I think of you every day.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for keeping us up to date with such a wonderful blog. Sending lots of love and strength to you all. Hugs Sal xoxo
ReplyDeleteSending lots of love and prayers!!! I think of you all often. (hugs)
ReplyDeletewhat a fantastic blog, been praying for isaac, debs & caine. so glad to hear his progression - all the love guys! bianca xoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteDear Deb and Caine, what an absolutely gorgeous little boy you have. Isaac is such a brave little fighter that I know he will grow and flourish. Sending you all lots of hugs and prayers.
ReplyDeleteYour Aussie Abbylooper Jackie
Gee - it was almost 5 years ago that MY little preemie Isaac was born. He was only 7 weeks early (although his little brother was over 11 weeks early). It seems like so long ago and I can only sit here in Long Island, NY, USA (although my husband and I are both Australian's) and hope that someday you will be sitting emotionally where we are now. Completely oblivious to their difficult starts in life (SOOOOOOO long ago - it takes a good jolt to remember when they were so fragile). I wish your family the best. See - Isaac is already the Little Aussie Battler!
ReplyDeleteOMG - just realized that you are a Abbylooper and so am I - but u- TAC'd.
ReplyDeleteIm so glad hes doing well. I've been logging on everyday to get updates.
ReplyDeleteIsaac is GORGEOUS. You and he are never far from my thoughts and prayers Deb. Lots of love and hugs to you and hubby. Kiki.
ReplyDeleteSorry for so many posts in one night - but we called our first preemie Isaac because of the meaning - He who laughs - when we saw him we knew that although he was so fragile that our lives would be full of love and laughter. What was your motive with "Isaac"? We love the name so much.
ReplyDeleteOur second boy is Lucian "Light" - although maybe "Trouble" would have been more appropriate! We have not shortened the name and always call him Lucian, although our family in Australia loves to call him Lucky because he was in the NICU for so long.
I am so happy to read that Isaac is doing well. What a little fighter. I will be keeping you all in my prayers. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteSheyanne-Abbylooper Sister
Hang in there Stokes Family! My thoughts and prayers are with you!
ReplyDelete